Mary Cheney, Former Vice President’s Daughter, Marries Girlfriend Heather Poe
4:30 pm, June 22nd, 2012
She revealed the news in a Facebook post on Friday.
Cheney wrote, “Very happy to announce that as of this morning, Heather and I are legally married (at least in DC). 20 years to the day after our first date.”
Same-sex marriage is legal in Washington, D.C.
Cheney and Poe have two children together.
The former Vice President congratulated the couple in a statement: ”Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and we are delighted that they were able to take advantage of the opportunity to have that relationship recognized.”
He continued, “Mary and Heather and their children are very important and much loved members of our family and we wish them every happiness.”
Congratulations to the couple!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In