Mark Salling on Sexual Battery Lawsuit: I Will “Defend Myself Vigorously” (VIDEO)
6:40 pm, January 27th, 2013VIDEO
Mark Salling spoke about the sexual battery lawsuit leveled against him while on the red carpet before Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier this month, an alleged former flame of the “Glee” star is suing the actor, claiming he forced her to have sex without a condom, and later pushed her to the ground when she confronted him about the incident.
Speaking with Ross Matthews during E!’s SAG Awards pre-show, Salling said, “You hear about fraudulent lawsuits all the time, [but] ’til it happens to you, you really don’t grasp what it does not to just you but your family.”
“You want the legal process to happen as fast as possible but it takes time,” continued the actor. “I want the chance to defend myself — and I will, vigorously.”
Asked how he’s coping with the serious allegations, Salling noted it’s the “first time” he’s had to deal with something like this.
“So you kind of have to learn as you go,” he explained, “but like anything else you have to stay positive and count on the people that do know you and love you.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2