Mark Salling on Sexual Battery Lawsuit: I Will “Defend Myself Vigorously” (VIDEO)
6:40 pm, January 27th, 2013VIDEO
Mark Salling spoke about the sexual battery lawsuit leveled against him while on the red carpet before Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier this month, an alleged former flame of the “Glee” star is suing the actor, claiming he forced her to have sex without a condom, and later pushed her to the ground when she confronted him about the incident.
Speaking with Ross Matthews during E!’s SAG Awards pre-show, Salling said, “You hear about fraudulent lawsuits all the time, [but] ’til it happens to you, you really don’t grasp what it does not to just you but your family.”
“You want the legal process to happen as fast as possible but it takes time,” continued the actor. “I want the chance to defend myself — and I will, vigorously.”
Asked how he’s coping with the serious allegations, Salling noted it’s the “first time” he’s had to deal with something like this.
“So you kind of have to learn as you go,” he explained, “but like anything else you have to stay positive and count on the people that do know you and love you.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- What Happened to Liam Hemsworth's Face?
- Is Ariana Grande's Stiletto Heel Look Too Sexy?
- Kanye West at Philly's Morning Show
- One Of Russell Simmons' Daughters Is Expecting!