Behind the Scenes: Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Engagement Photos
3:05 pm, January 21st, 2011
While the surroundings that day were spectacular, Testino had other priorities when he arrived.
“Conveying the real feelings of the sitters is more important to my images than their stateliness or grandeur, he tells Vogue.
For Middleton’s outfit, “We thought a favorite simple white dress would be best for the more formal picture,” says Testino.
“Two people in love have a glow and a presence more powerful than anything else,” he explains. “I wanted that to be the subject of the picture, not what they were wearing.”
Testino also reveals a special connection between this occasion and Princess Diana.
“When I photographed Prince William’s mother, I brought along a CD of Dalida, a French singer, that we played on set all day to relax everyone,” recalls the photographer.
“I decided to do the same thing for Catherine and William. The contrast of the contemporary informal music playing in the beautiful rooms with so much history caused a lot of laughter.”
As for the couple’s future, Testino sees nothing but happiness ahead.
“In my modest opinion, Prince William could not have found someone more suitable than Catherine, not just because of the energy they share with each other, and the clear sense that you get when you are with them that they are going to work as a united team, but because while she has already developed a perfect sense of royal responsibility, she brings life, a delightful sense of humor, and joy into the room when she walks in.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look