CLAIM: New Mom Mariah Carey Headed for “Breakdown”
6:04 pm, August 3rd, 2011
“Motherhood is making Mariah Carey loopy!” reports the National Enquirer in a piece titled “SCARY CAREY.”
The mag says Carey’s recent “bizarre” appearance on the Home Shopping Network “has some people thinking she could be headed for another breakdown.”
In the segment, the new mom supposedly “spouted weird made-up words, spoke in a fake British accent, and claimed her pregnancy lasted 47 weeks – almost 11 months!”
A so-called “insider” says, “Motherhood is taking a huge toll on Mariah,” adding that the pressure of being a mom along with juggling her career “is driving her batty!”
No, it’s actually not.
Carey’s spot on HSN was amusing and candid, and a rep for the singer explains, “She was having fun with her fans!”
The rep tells Gossip Cop that Carey is doing great, and calls the Enquirer‘s story “completely made up.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin