CLAIM: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Spend $1 Million on Twins
10:17 am, February 23rd, 2011
Star magazine claims Carey and Cannon “have spent close to $1 million” preparing for their new son and daughter.
A so-called “insider” for Star says, “Mariah’s spent $150,000 alone on their wardrobe. She loves Baby Dior, Armani Junior’s baby line and Escada Baby. She’s addicted!” The mom-to-be is also supposedly hoarding custom-made cribs and strollers.
But that’s not even the most outrageous claim.
“Mariah and Nick equipped the nursery with a $250,000 state-of-the-art Bose stereo system,” alleges the tab’s “insider.”
We’re supposed to believe that anyone – even a very wealthy couple – would spend a quarter of a million dollars on a nursery’s sound system?
It sounds like Star decided to put a $1 million price tag on the twins without thinking through what, exactly, Carey and Cannon could possibly spend that much money on for two newborns.
That’s when the mag had to get creative – and totally inaccurate.
A rep for Carey calls the Star story “absurd.”
Check us out on Facebook for more!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Demi Lovato's Funky And Fun Floral Bodysuit
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Chris Pine: Single and Ready to Mingle?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- 6 Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup