CLAIM: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Spend $1 Million on Twins
10:17 am, February 23rd, 2011
Star magazine claims Carey and Cannon “have spent close to $1 million” preparing for their new son and daughter.
A so-called “insider” for Star says, “Mariah’s spent $150,000 alone on their wardrobe. She loves Baby Dior, Armani Junior’s baby line and Escada Baby. She’s addicted!” The mom-to-be is also supposedly hoarding custom-made cribs and strollers.
But that’s not even the most outrageous claim.
“Mariah and Nick equipped the nursery with a $250,000 state-of-the-art Bose stereo system,” alleges the tab’s “insider.”
We’re supposed to believe that anyone – even a very wealthy couple – would spend a quarter of a million dollars on a nursery’s sound system?
It sounds like Star decided to put a $1 million price tag on the twins without thinking through what, exactly, Carey and Cannon could possibly spend that much money on for two newborns.
That’s when the mag had to get creative – and totally inaccurate.
A rep for Carey calls the Star story “absurd.”
Check us out on Facebook for more!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look