CLAIM: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Spend $1 Million on Twins
10:17 am, February 23rd, 2011
Star magazine claims Carey and Cannon “have spent close to $1 million” preparing for their new son and daughter.
A so-called “insider” for Star says, “Mariah’s spent $150,000 alone on their wardrobe. She loves Baby Dior, Armani Junior’s baby line and Escada Baby. She’s addicted!” The mom-to-be is also supposedly hoarding custom-made cribs and strollers.
But that’s not even the most outrageous claim.
“Mariah and Nick equipped the nursery with a $250,000 state-of-the-art Bose stereo system,” alleges the tab’s “insider.”
We’re supposed to believe that anyone – even a very wealthy couple – would spend a quarter of a million dollars on a nursery’s sound system?
It sounds like Star decided to put a $1 million price tag on the twins without thinking through what, exactly, Carey and Cannon could possibly spend that much money on for two newborns.
That’s when the mag had to get creative – and totally inaccurate.
A rep for Carey calls the Star story “absurd.”
Check us out on Facebook for more!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet