CLAIM: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Spend $1 Million on Twins
10:17 am, February 23rd, 2011
Star magazine claims Carey and Cannon “have spent close to $1 million” preparing for their new son and daughter.
A so-called “insider” for Star says, “Mariah’s spent $150,000 alone on their wardrobe. She loves Baby Dior, Armani Junior’s baby line and Escada Baby. She’s addicted!” The mom-to-be is also supposedly hoarding custom-made cribs and strollers.
But that’s not even the most outrageous claim.
“Mariah and Nick equipped the nursery with a $250,000 state-of-the-art Bose stereo system,” alleges the tab’s “insider.”
We’re supposed to believe that anyone – even a very wealthy couple – would spend a quarter of a million dollars on a nursery’s sound system?
It sounds like Star decided to put a $1 million price tag on the twins without thinking through what, exactly, Carey and Cannon could possibly spend that much money on for two newborns.
That’s when the mag had to get creative – and totally inaccurate.
A rep for Carey calls the Star story “absurd.”
Check us out on Facebook for more!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- 5 Ways Celebs Make Money Between Films
- Amy Poehler & Nick Kroll Are Stylish Sweethearts
- Miley Cyrus Wants To Shock You
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle