Mariah Carey Making Ridiculous ‘Diva Demands’ on American Idol?
5:23 pm, August 1st, 2012
According to Star magazine, “The ink has barely dried on Mariah Carey’s American Idol contract, but the new judge isn’t shy about telling the producers exactly what she requires… starting with an $18 million a year salary!”
Um, we’re not sure how Star thinks these things work, but salary is usually determined before a contract is signed.
And the tabloid says it’s not just money Carey craves.
The singer is “dead set on looking better than her predecessor” Jennifer Lopez, alleges the magazine.
A so-called “source” tells the tab, “J. Lo showed up week after week in some pretty amazing outfits, and Mariah wants to make sure that hers are better.”
Star’s “insiders” say Carey’s must-have list includes a “dressing room fit for a queen” and a play space with organic baby beds for her 15-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe to spend time with her husband Nick Cannon during the show.
The mag really should have stuck to Carey’s salary — because whenever Star strays into grandiose claims about her family life, it tends to be completely wrong.
That’s the case with these alleged “diva demands” for “Idol.”
A rep for Carey tells Gossip Cop the Star story is “totally absurd.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Miley Cyrus Is Still Sticking To Feminist Claim
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!