Mariah Carey Reportedly Finalizing American Idol Deal
9:04 pm, July 20th, 2012
Mariah Carey is reportedly closing in on a deal to become an “American Idol” judge.
The singer’s name has been floated in recent days as a possible addition to the show, which saw the departures of both Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler from the judges’ table last week.
Now Deadline reports that Carey is “finalizing” a deal with “Idol” that could pay her approximately $17 million next season.
At the moment, no contract is signed and no announcement has been made.
On July 13, Gossip Cop reported that Carey was in talks to join “American Idol,” and it appears those negotiations have moved forward.
Former “Idol” contestant Adam Lambert has also been discussed as a possible new judge.
Meanwhile, the only judge left from the show’s first season — Randy Jackson — has not officially confirmed that he’ll be on the panel when “Idol” returns next January.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank