Maria Sharapova & Sasha Vujacic Call Off Engagement
1:39 pm, September 1st, 2012
The tennis superstar confirmed the news during an interview after her U.S. Open match on Friday.
“It’s been since the end of spring,” said Sharapova. “I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question.”
She explained, “It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling.”
Vujacic, whose NBA career included stints with the Los Angeles Lakers and New Jersey Nets, now plays professional basketball in Turkey.
He and Sharapova became engaged in 2010.
“We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other,” said Sharapova. “I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin