Maria Sharapova & Sasha Vujacic Call Off Engagement
1:39 pm, September 1st, 2012
The tennis superstar confirmed the news during an interview after her U.S. Open match on Friday.
“It’s been since the end of spring,” said Sharapova. “I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question.”
She explained, “It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling.”
Vujacic, whose NBA career included stints with the Los Angeles Lakers and New Jersey Nets, now plays professional basketball in Turkey.
He and Sharapova became engaged in 2010.
“We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other,” said Sharapova. “I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?