Maria Sharapova & Sasha Vujacic Call Off Engagement
1:39 pm, September 1st, 2012
The tennis superstar confirmed the news during an interview after her U.S. Open match on Friday.
“It’s been since the end of spring,” said Sharapova. “I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question.”
She explained, “It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling.”
Vujacic, whose NBA career included stints with the Los Angeles Lakers and New Jersey Nets, now plays professional basketball in Turkey.
He and Sharapova became engaged in 2010.
“We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other,” said Sharapova. “I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?