Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I’m Leaving Dancing with the Stars
9:36 am, September 21st, 2012
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is leaving “Dancing with the Stars.”
The pro dancer says he’ll depart the hit show when his contract runs out at the end of next year.
“What else do I have to do there after 15 seasons?” he tells the New York Post.
He adds, “It makes total sense. The audience can’t expect for me to want to stick around, and the producers can’t expect for me to want to stick around.”
Chmerkovskiy says he plans to pursue opportunities in acting and reality shows.
The dancer says he “loved doing” the ABC competition series, “But to be honest with you, at 32, I am at what-about-me time.”
His feelings are exacerbated when Chmerkovskiy sees the bump the show’s celebrities get from their appearances.
“Essentially, 80% of our job is to give somebody another push in their career,” he tells the Post. “Or we make them into likable characters. But at the end of the day, they go off and they better themselves.”
Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley will re-team for “Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars,” which premieres on Monday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?