Madonna Thanks Nazi Propagandist in Controversial New Movie
5:50 pm, September 2nd, 2011
Madonna might have more trouble on her hands with her new film W.E. than just bad reviews.
The film, about the romance between Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII, has been panned for whitewashing its subjects’ historical ties to Nazi Germany.
Critics who saw the movie’s Venice Film Festival premiere are scratching their heads over the acknowledgments.
While Madonna’s gratitude for Riefenstahl as a filmmaker and Galliano as a designer have nothing to do with their respective political leanings, deciding to include them in the credits of a movie conspicuously blind to Nazi sympathies strikes many observers as… odd.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship