Madonna Thanks Nazi Propagandist in Controversial New Movie
5:50 pm, September 2nd, 2011
Madonna might have more trouble on her hands with her new film W.E. than just bad reviews.
The film, about the romance between Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII, has been panned for whitewashing its subjects’ historical ties to Nazi Germany.
Critics who saw the movie’s Venice Film Festival premiere are scratching their heads over the acknowledgments.
While Madonna’s gratitude for Riefenstahl as a filmmaker and Galliano as a designer have nothing to do with their respective political leanings, deciding to include them in the credits of a movie conspicuously blind to Nazi sympathies strikes many observers as… odd.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?