Madonna Thanks Nazi Propagandist in Controversial New Movie
5:50 pm, September 2nd, 2011
Madonna might have more trouble on her hands with her new film W.E. than just bad reviews.
The film, about the romance between Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII, has been panned for whitewashing its subjects’ historical ties to Nazi Germany.
Critics who saw the movie’s Venice Film Festival premiere are scratching their heads over the acknowledgments.
While Madonna’s gratitude for Riefenstahl as a filmmaker and Galliano as a designer have nothing to do with their respective political leanings, deciding to include them in the credits of a movie conspicuously blind to Nazi sympathies strikes many observers as… odd.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents