Madonna: United States Should “Stay Out of Syria!” (PHOTO)
7:12 pm, September 6th, 2013
Madonna is weighing in one of the biggest political issues of the moment: whether the United States should get involved in the Syrian civil war.
“U.S. Stay Out of Syria!” the music icon posted on Instagram Thursday.
The bottom of her handwritten note (see below) added, “For
fuck humanity’s sake.”
Madonna, who Forbes recently named the highest-paid celebrity, has never been one to shy away from current events, often addressing political controversies during her live shows and media appearances.
In the last year alone, the singer was sued for supporting gay rights during a Russia concert, said America should keep a “black Muslim” in the White House, was booed for telling her audience to vote for President Obama, stripped for Hurricane Sandy relief, and slammed the Boy Scouts at the GLAAD Awards.
Check out Madonna’s statement on Syria below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet