Madonna Blasted By Government of Malawi
5:54 pm, March 13th, 2012
Madonna got slammed by the Malawi government on Tuesday.
The singer, who adopted two children from the poor African country, recently announced that she wants to build 10 schools there.
But Malawi officials are now sounding off on the Material Girl, who last year scrapped plans for a girls’ school near the capital of Lilongwe.
Malawi’s Ministry of Education spokeswoman Lindiwe Chide said the government is “fed up” with Madonna, who allegedly never informed the government before she abandoned the academy.
“Now she decides to announce that she plans to build 10 schools without getting authority from us again,” said Chide, adding, “We now feel like this is all about propping up her global image and not in our interest.”
Chide griped, “She has no mandate to decide where she wants to build a school because she doesn’t know our needs and where we want new schools… she first needed to consult us, get permission from us before doing anything.”
Madonna has yet to comment on the controversy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014