Madonna Blasted By Government of Malawi
5:54 pm, March 13th, 2012
Madonna got slammed by the Malawi government on Tuesday.
The singer, who adopted two children from the poor African country, recently announced that she wants to build 10 schools there.
But Malawi officials are now sounding off on the Material Girl, who last year scrapped plans for a girls’ school near the capital of Lilongwe.
Malawi’s Ministry of Education spokeswoman Lindiwe Chide said the government is “fed up” with Madonna, who allegedly never informed the government before she abandoned the academy.
“Now she decides to announce that she plans to build 10 schools without getting authority from us again,” said Chide, adding, “We now feel like this is all about propping up her global image and not in our interest.”
Chide griped, “She has no mandate to decide where she wants to build a school because she doesn’t know our needs and where we want new schools… she first needed to consult us, get permission from us before doing anything.”
Madonna has yet to comment on the controversy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court