Madonna Blasted By Government of Malawi
5:54 pm, March 13th, 2012
Madonna got slammed by the Malawi government on Tuesday.
The singer, who adopted two children from the poor African country, recently announced that she wants to build 10 schools there.
But Malawi officials are now sounding off on the Material Girl, who last year scrapped plans for a girls’ school near the capital of Lilongwe.
Malawi’s Ministry of Education spokeswoman Lindiwe Chide said the government is “fed up” with Madonna, who allegedly never informed the government before she abandoned the academy.
“Now she decides to announce that she plans to build 10 schools without getting authority from us again,” said Chide, adding, “We now feel like this is all about propping up her global image and not in our interest.”
Chide griped, “She has no mandate to decide where she wants to build a school because she doesn’t know our needs and where we want new schools… she first needed to consult us, get permission from us before doing anything.”
Madonna has yet to comment on the controversy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?