Madonna & Gwyneth Paltrow ‘falling out’ story falls short
6:23 pm, June 9th, 2010
A “source” close to Madonna tells Us Weekly the “dear pals, BFFs since 1999, are dunzo.”
“They don’t speak,” an “insider” claims, adding, “I can’t tell you exactly why they had the falling out, but Gwyneth can be jealous and competitive.”
In fact, according to Us Weekly, Paltrow supposedly “hinted” at a new feud when she told British Vogue, “I’m having a situation right now with a friend where I’m feeling pretty angry.”
Oh, that’s right.
At the time, In Touch got in on the action, repeating the rumor that the two had “gotten pretty chilly” and “seem to be holding a grudge.” Rumors of a rift were no more accurate at that point either.
Now Us Weekly weighs in, using the months-old Vogue remarks to prop up the notion that Madonna and Paltrow have split. Struggling to find a rationale, the magazine suggests Madonna’s (actual) breakup with British hubby Guy Ritchie meant she and Paltrow (married to Brit Chris Martin) had less in common.
A rep for Madonna tells Gossip Cop the Us Weekly story is “b.s.”
But if you think it’s one-side, Paltrow’s rep also calls the reheated rumor of a cold war “not true,” and assures us that the two are “still friends.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2