Madonna Makes Peace with Deadmau5 After Drug Controversy
10:24 am, March 27th, 2012
While introducing Avicii at Miami’s Ultra Music Festival, Madonna asked the electronic dance audience, “How many people in this crowd have seen molly?”
Many people believed the Material Girl was referencing the slang term for MDMA/ecstasy, and Deadmau5 unloaded on her in a series of Facebook posts for her “idiocy” in promoting a message of drugs to the genre’s community.
Now Madonna has tweeted an explanation.
The pop queen posted a photo of herself in Minnie Mouse ears with the caption, “From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called ‘Have You Seen Molly’ written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album.”
Deadmau5 accepted the olive branch, responding, “Fair enough, i was just voicing my concerns as i usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally.”
To which Madge replied, “Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up ‘privately.’ ;) See you on the road.”
And with that, the Great Madonna-Deadmau5 War of 2012 appears to be over.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!