Madonna Makes Peace with Deadmau5 After Drug Controversy
10:24 am, March 27th, 2012
While introducing Avicii at Miami’s Ultra Music Festival, Madonna asked the electronic dance audience, “How many people in this crowd have seen molly?”
Many people believed the Material Girl was referencing the slang term for MDMA/ecstasy, and Deadmau5 unloaded on her in a series of Facebook posts for her “idiocy” in promoting a message of drugs to the genre’s community.
Now Madonna has tweeted an explanation.
The pop queen posted a photo of herself in Minnie Mouse ears with the caption, “From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called ‘Have You Seen Molly’ written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album.”
Deadmau5 accepted the olive branch, responding, “Fair enough, i was just voicing my concerns as i usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally.”
To which Madge replied, “Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up ‘privately.’ ;) See you on the road.”
And with that, the Great Madonna-Deadmau5 War of 2012 appears to be over.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress