CLAIM: Macaulay Culkin Addicted to Heroin, Might Die Within 6 Months
4:46 pm, August 1st, 2012
In a gruesome and despicable cover story, the National Enquirer claims Macaulay Culkin is a heroin addict with six months to live.
The tabloid alleges that Culkin is “hopelessly hooked” on heroin and cites “several eyewitnesses” who say they’ve seen him “use a deadly mix of potent prescription drugs.”
These Enquirer sources claim “stone-cold street junkie” Culkin “regularly shoots up heroin” and “nearly overdosed” several months ago.
According to the magazine and its insiders, Culkin “spends up to $6,000 a month” on painkillers and “has turned his Manhattan apartment into his own private drug den where he gets high during hours alone or with his close circle of whacked-out pals.”
A so-called “close friend” tells the Enquirer Culkin is “surely dying.”
“He’s addicted to heroin, oxycodone, Percocet and Vicodin,” explains the alleged pal, adding, “His closest friends fear that he’ll overdose or his heart will explode. If he doesn’t get help and enter rehab now, he could be dead in six months.”
Usually, when the Enquirer makes up stuff, it’s relatively harmless speculation from a trashy tab that doesn’t care about the facts.
Splashing this garbage on its cover is far worse.
As it happens, six months ago, outlets published baseless alarmist stories about Culkin’s health based on a random photograph.
The Enquirer, though, learned nothing from that episode — instead, it just wants to take things up several notches.
In a statement to Gossip Cop, Culkin’s rep says, “The report in the National Enquirer that Macaulay Culkin is addicted to heroin and assorted hallucinogens is not only categorically without merit, but it is also impossibly and ridiculously fictitious.”
“We beseech the responsible media to consider the source and its reputation and to please not perpetuate this destructive and insulting story by pursuing it any further.”
That should hopefully be the last word on the Enquirer’s latest sensationalistic travesty.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank