CLAIM: Britney Spears “Jealous” of Her Mom’s Hot Body
3:40 pm, July 20th, 2011
“Britney Spears is green with envy over her mom’s hot new body!” reports the National Enquirer.
According to the tab, Lynne Spears spent nearly $80,000 on cosmetic surgery for her face and body, and “Britney doesn’t seem happy about her [mom's] makeover.”
The magazine then quotes a so-called “source” as saying, “Britney is jealous of the way her mom looks now and doesn’t like the constant comparison and compliments that all her staff give Lynne.”
“What’s worse,” writes the Enquirer, Spears’ old brother Bryan told the singer “their mom looks better in a bathing suit than she does!”
The tabloid’s “source” adds that Lynne’s flaunting her body is a real “slap in the face” to her daughter.
The only one who should get slapped here is the Enquirer.
First, the magazine based its entirely fictitious story on a recently published photo in which Lynne looks great in a one-piece bathing suit while playing with her grandchildren in a pool.
From that, the tab then created a made-up “jealous” feud between mother-and-daughter that does not exist.
And the Enquirer apparently is so embarrassed by its fabricated story that, unlike the rest of its articles, there’s no writer’s byline.
Still, Gossip Cop checked in with real people who know the Spears family, and we’re told the magazine’s “envy” story is 100 percent “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting