Lupe Ontiveros of Selena and “Desperate Housewives” Dies at 69
3:27 pm, July 27th, 2012
Lupe Ontiveros, who had a memorable stint on “Desperate Housewives” and starred in films like Selena, has died.
She was 69.
The actress had battled liver cancer.
She portrayed Eva Longoria’s mother-in-law on “Desperate Housewives,” and Longoria remembered her fondly on Friday, tweeting, “I’m deeply saddened at the news of my dear friend Lupe Ontiveros passing. She was more than a colleague to me, she was my family. My heart is with your family Lupe…”
Ontiveros famously played Yolanda Saldivar, the woman who killed Selena in the Jennifer Lopez film about the late Tejano singer.
Lopez said she was “tremendously saddened” by the news of her co-star’s death in a statement, saying, ”She was a great actress and working with her in Selena was an unforgettable experience. She will truly be missed.”
Ontiveros also appeared in movies including The Goonies, El Norte and As Good As It Gets.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?