Luke Bryan Sorry for Looking at Lyrics and Watch During National Anthem (VIDEO)
2:05 pm, July 11th, 2012VIDEO
Baseball fans were crying foul on Tuesday night when Luke Bryan looked down at written lyrics and his watch a couple of times while singing the National Anthem at the MLB All-Star Game in Kansas City, Missouri.
The country singer, who struck out with Americans who felt it was unpatriotic, took to Twitter on Wednesday to explain.
According to Bryan, he was concerned he’d make an error with the lyrics to the “Star-Spangled Banner” — and that he was running late.
Bryan tweeted, “I had a few keys words written down to insure myself that I wouldn’t mess up. I just wanted to do my best. I promise it was from the heart.”
“If I offended anyone with my approach I sincerely apologize. Anytime I sing the anthem it is an honor and my heart beats out of my chest,” he added.
Luke acknowledged, “I did check my watch,” noting, “because I knew the stealth bomber would fly over 2 minutes in and I knew a started a little late.”
What do you think of Bryan’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Paul Walker Did the Most Generous Thing Ever
- Should Celeb Parenting Skills Be Critiqued?
- OC Star Gets Engaged To A Gossip Girl!
- Celebrity Pregnancy Brain: What is Halle Berry Thinking?
- Lady Gaga's Dreadful Dreadlocks