Lucy Hale: I Would Go Days Without Eating
1:30 pm, August 7th, 2012
The “Pretty Little Liars” star is on the magazine’s September cover and reveals that she used to have serious issues with her body and food.
“I’ve never really talked about this, but I would go days without eating,” says Hale. “Or maybe I’d have some fruit and then go to the gym for three hours.”
She adds, “I knew I had a problem… It was a gradual process but I changed myself.”
As it happens, “Pretty Little Liars” has dealt with the subject of eating disorders through Hanna Marin, the character played by Ashley Benson.
A number of young actresses, most notably Demi Lovato, have recently become more vocal about their personal struggles with body image.
Hopefully, public figures like Hale and Lovato discussing these serious issues will help lead young people to healthier choices.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Advice Us Parents Wish We Could Give These Celebs