Lucy Hale: I Would Go Days Without Eating
1:30 pm, August 7th, 2012
The “Pretty Little Liars” star is on the magazine’s September cover and reveals that she used to have serious issues with her body and food.
“I’ve never really talked about this, but I would go days without eating,” says Hale. “Or maybe I’d have some fruit and then go to the gym for three hours.”
She adds, “I knew I had a problem… It was a gradual process but I changed myself.”
As it happens, “Pretty Little Liars” has dealt with the subject of eating disorders through Hanna Marin, the character played by Ashley Benson.
A number of young actresses, most notably Demi Lovato, have recently become more vocal about their personal struggles with body image.
Hopefully, public figures like Hale and Lovato discussing these serious issues will help lead young people to healthier choices.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court