Lucy Hale: I Would Go Days Without Eating
1:30 pm, August 7th, 2012
The “Pretty Little Liars” star is on the magazine’s September cover and reveals that she used to have serious issues with her body and food.
“I’ve never really talked about this, but I would go days without eating,” says Hale. “Or maybe I’d have some fruit and then go to the gym for three hours.”
She adds, “I knew I had a problem… It was a gradual process but I changed myself.”
As it happens, “Pretty Little Liars” has dealt with the subject of eating disorders through Hanna Marin, the character played by Ashley Benson.
A number of young actresses, most notably Demi Lovato, have recently become more vocal about their personal struggles with body image.
Hopefully, public figures like Hale and Lovato discussing these serious issues will help lead young people to healthier choices.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?