Lucy Hale: I Would Go Days Without Eating
1:30 pm, August 7th, 2012
The “Pretty Little Liars” star is on the magazine’s September cover and reveals that she used to have serious issues with her body and food.
“I’ve never really talked about this, but I would go days without eating,” says Hale. “Or maybe I’d have some fruit and then go to the gym for three hours.”
She adds, “I knew I had a problem… It was a gradual process but I changed myself.”
As it happens, “Pretty Little Liars” has dealt with the subject of eating disorders through Hanna Marin, the character played by Ashley Benson.
A number of young actresses, most notably Demi Lovato, have recently become more vocal about their personal struggles with body image.
Hopefully, public figures like Hale and Lovato discussing these serious issues will help lead young people to healthier choices.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss