Louis Vuitton Suing Warner Bros. Over Hangover 2 Knockoff Bag
10:52 am, December 23rd, 2011
Luxury brand Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Bros. over The Hangover Part II, claiming a “Louis Vuitton” handbag featured in the movie is a fake.
In a complaint filed on Thursday, the fashion company says the the bag in question (seen slung over Zach Galifianakis’ shoulder in this photo) is actually a knockoff – and that the studio never got permission to call it a “Louis Vuitton” in the first place.
In the film, Galifianakis’ character, Alan, warns Ed Helms’ character, “Careful, that is… that is a Louis Vuitton.”
But the Vuitton people say it is NOT a Vuitton – but rather a fake made by a company called Diophy.
Now the real handbag maker is upset about the confusion and demanding that Warner Bros. modify the offending scene before continuing to distribute the movie.
Citing trademark dilution, false designation of origin and unfair competition, Louis Vuitton goes so far as to request that all unmodified copies of The Hangover Part II be destroyed.
There’s been no comment from Warner Bros.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties