Louis Vuitton Suing Warner Bros. Over Hangover 2 Knockoff Bag
10:52 am, December 23rd, 2011
Luxury brand Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Bros. over The Hangover Part II, claiming a “Louis Vuitton” handbag featured in the movie is a fake.
In a complaint filed on Thursday, the fashion company says the the bag in question (seen slung over Zach Galifianakis’ shoulder in this photo) is actually a knockoff – and that the studio never got permission to call it a “Louis Vuitton” in the first place.
In the film, Galifianakis’ character, Alan, warns Ed Helms’ character, “Careful, that is… that is a Louis Vuitton.”
But the Vuitton people say it is NOT a Vuitton – but rather a fake made by a company called Diophy.
Now the real handbag maker is upset about the confusion and demanding that Warner Bros. modify the offending scene before continuing to distribute the movie.
Citing trademark dilution, false designation of origin and unfair competition, Louis Vuitton goes so far as to request that all unmodified copies of The Hangover Part II be destroyed.
There’s been no comment from Warner Bros.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage