Lou Reed Recovering After Liver Transplant; Rocker Was “Dying”
2:30 pm, June 1st, 2013
Lou Reed is recovering after a life-saving liver transplant.
The 71-year-old rock legend’s wife, artist Laurie Anderson, tells the Times of London, “It’s as serious as it gets. He was dying. You don’t get it for fun.”
Reed had the major operation several weeks ago at the Cleveland Clinic.
“I don’t think he’ll every totally recover from this, but he’ll certainly be back to doing [things] in a few months,” said Anderson.
The musician had been scheduled to perform at Coachella in April, but canceled the festival gig — and other performances earlier this spring — citing “unavoidable complications.”
Reed was a founding member of The Velvet Underground before embarking on a successful solo career.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan