Lou Reed Recovering After Liver Transplant; Rocker Was “Dying”
2:30 pm, June 1st, 2013
Lou Reed is recovering after a life-saving liver transplant.
The 71-year-old rock legend’s wife, artist Laurie Anderson, tells the Times of London, “It’s as serious as it gets. He was dying. You don’t get it for fun.”
Reed had the major operation several weeks ago at the Cleveland Clinic.
“I don’t think he’ll every totally recover from this, but he’ll certainly be back to doing [things] in a few months,” said Anderson.
The musician had been scheduled to perform at Coachella in April, but canceled the festival gig — and other performances earlier this spring — citing “unavoidable complications.”
Reed was a founding member of The Velvet Underground before embarking on a successful solo career.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship