Lou Reed Recovering After Liver Transplant; Rocker Was “Dying”
2:30 pm, June 1st, 2013
Lou Reed is recovering after a life-saving liver transplant.
The 71-year-old rock legend’s wife, artist Laurie Anderson, tells the Times of London, “It’s as serious as it gets. He was dying. You don’t get it for fun.”
Reed had the major operation several weeks ago at the Cleveland Clinic.
“I don’t think he’ll every totally recover from this, but he’ll certainly be back to doing [things] in a few months,” said Anderson.
The musician had been scheduled to perform at Coachella in April, but canceled the festival gig — and other performances earlier this spring — citing “unavoidable complications.”
Reed was a founding member of The Velvet Underground before embarking on a successful solo career.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties