Lou Reed Dead: Rocker Dies at 71
2:18 pm, October 27th, 2013
Lou Reed is dead.
The legendary rocker died on Saturday at the age of 71 in the Southampton, New York home he shared with his wife Laurie Anderson.
Reed was best known for co-founding The Velvet Underground, in which he played guitar and sang until leaving the band in 1970.
He went on to have a prolific solo career for the next four decades.
The “A Walk on the Wild Side” singer died of an ailment related to his recent liver transplant.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- 29 Celebrities With Porn Star Doppelgangers
- Celebrity Face Change Mysteries
- Is Lady GaGa After Miley Cyrus' Management?