Lorde: Why I Want People to Stop Hearing My Music on the Radio “All The Time”
9:04 pm, February 14th, 2014
After a breakout year that led to two huge Grammy wins, the 17-year-old singer admits, “I want to let people stop hearing Lorde on the radio all the time, because it’s kind of crazy at the moment.”
“I’d like to give people a little bit of breathing room before I unleash something different,” explains the New Zealand-born star.
Lorde further tells the magazine she’s reluctant to be labeled the “voice of a generation.”
She quips, “I’m sure so many people will read that and be like, F*ck off!”
The singer, who has surprised many with her maturity, reveals, “I’ve always hung out with people older than me, with my parents’ friends, because I appreciated the conversation.”
“And even now, although I have heaps of friends in high school, I also hang out with a lot of older people,” says Lorde. “And sometimes with them I’m like, ‘God, this is boring!’”
She adds, “But it means that I get to have these stimulating encounters with people that I idolize, which is cool.”
Lorde’s full interview hits newsstands on February 27.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted