Lorde: Paparazzi “Almost Pushed Me” and My Family To Get Pics, It “Sucks”
5:54 pm, January 28th, 2014
Lorde says New Zealand paparazzi nearly knocked her over in an attempt to get photos of the singer.
The 17-year-old star tweeted on Tuesday, “[New Zealand] media almost pushed over myself and my family at the airport this morning in order to get their shots. Bit of a sad welcome if I’m honest.”
The “Royals” singer continued, “I understand that people of note are supposedly fair game for everyone to photograph and film but that doesn’t make it acceptable.”
Lorde went on to say, “There is a difference between attention from fans, which I love, and the constant, often lecherous gaze that i’m subjected to in this industry.”
“I know that success comes with a price tag. It just sucks when you see that in your tiny home country where you previously felt safe,” added the musician.
What do you think about Lorde’s comments about paparazzi?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?