Lorde Disses Drake and Nicki Minaj For Making “Completely Irrelevant” Music
10:43 am, November 26th, 2013
The teenage singer, who has dissed Disney stars, Selena Gomez, David Guetta, and others in her young career, tells Interview, “Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn’t relate to me — or anyone that I knew.”
She says, “I began thinking, ‘How are we listening to this? It’s completely irrelevant.’”
As for her own growing fame, Lorde says, “That’s the good thing about starting off in New Zealand, there is absolutely no concept of ’celebrity’ or fame.”
She explains, “‘Famous’ people here, like Shortland Street actors, you all have mutual friends on Facebook, you know? Yeah, people are starting to recognize me now, which is kind of weird. But in New Zealand, it’s easy to hide from that stuff.”
Lorde later took to Twitter to distance herself from the remarks, writing, “i have nothing but love and admiration for both nicki and drake (have said this x1000).”
“just because their songs aren’t my reality (being 17 and from auckland) doesn’t mean i don’t admire their musicianship and careers!” she added.
What do you think about Lorde’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet