London Calling? Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Wrong House Rumors Return
5:34 pm, February 5th, 2010
Caution: The following report spread by Showbiz Spy goes very wrong, very quickly.
Yep, that’s the first line. We warned you!
“They’ve obviously changed their minds about the Isle of Wight then!”
That’s the second line from Showbiz Spy. Pattinson and Stewart “changed their minds” about what, exactly? The time the media floated news about them moving to an island where they vacationed, a completely empty rumor Gossip Cop busted twice? Pattinson and Stewart changed their minds about nothing. When it became apparent Isle of Wight talk was Wrong, outlets changed their minds.
But the third line is most telling: “Anyway!”
As in, “Anyway, who cares about facts?”
This way the site can quickly move on to the next Robsten rumor having set the following precedent: Anything published that winds up not happening can just be attributed to minds changing.
The latest story claims the “Twilight” stars are “looking to set up home in the British capital” to enable their families to become better acquainted.
Not true. None of the sources who spoke with Gossip Cop believed there was a single fact backing up the rumor of Robsten shacking up in London.
And since it’s an awfully thin story, it’s then padded with loose talk that Stewart and Pattinson have been “told to put their careers ahead of their red-hot romance.” “Everyone, from their management to the studios involved in their upcoming movies, is worried [Rob and Kristen] will start to become… distracted,” according to an E! Online item that raised eyebrows. The couple is still together, the narrative goes, but “got a slap on the wrist.”
Gossip Cop has talked with people connected to the Stewart and Pattinson industry hierarchy, and it simply isn’t true that the studio or anyone else has a say in their personal lives.
To repeat a point we’ve made often: Let’s leave status reports on Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, and without some of the disturbing strategies employed before.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the best in accurate celebrity reporting.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank