Live From New York… It’s Robert Pattinson? Gossip Cop has the answer
8:38 am, September 21st, 2009
Our troublemaking friends at E! ended up starting a rumor last night while campaigning to get Robert Pattinson a hosting gig on “Saturday Night Live.”
They asked three castmembers, Seth Meyers, Kristen Wiig, and Andy Samberg on the red carpet of the Emmys last night if they would like Pattinson to host SNL this season, and all three gave the thumbs-up. When Meyers was asked, “So the powers that be at SNL would be into Rob hosting?” he responded “Yes, absolutely.”
Well, not long after that the Internet was ablaze with talk that Pattinson may host SNL, and Gossip Cop was e-mailed and Tweeted by hundreds of fans wanting to know the truth – the whole Truth and not just E!’s The Awful Truth.
Here’s what we got: A source close to the show tells Gossip Cop, “He is not currently booked for the season.” But the insider, echoing the castmembers, adds, “the show would love to have him on at any time.” Now brace yourself fans: The source basically said Pattinson was offered an SNL hosting gig, but “apparently there were scheduling conflicts.”
Gossip Cop will let you know if those scheduling conflicts can be resolved.
Remember, you can follow us on Twitter: @GossipCop
You might like:
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?