Hunger Games Studio Calls Philip Seymour Hoffman Death ‘A Tragedy’ – STATEMENT
5:17 pm, February 2nd, 2014STATEMENT
“Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation,” stated Lionsgate, adding, “We’re very fortunate that he graced our Hunger Games family.
The statement concluded, “Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip’s family.”
Hoffman had just seven days left of shooting before completing his work on the upcoming films, Mockingjay Part 1 and Mockingjay Part 2.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, Hoffman was found dead of a suspected overdose in his New York apartment.
According to police officials, the Oscar died with a syringe in his arm.
Hoffman, who was 46, leaves three children behind.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss