Lindsay Lohan: I Was Bullied in School
5:40 pm, October 2nd, 2012VIDEO
Kropp is the 16-year-old Michigan student who was nominated for the homecoming court as a prank, only to have her community — and supporters nationwide — rally around her to turn a cruel joke into a remarkable triumph.
Couric highlighted the story on her show on Tuesday, touching at least one high-profile viewer.
Lohan tweeted, “@KatieCouric I think what you did today on your show for #WhitneyKropp was lovely. It had me crying. I’d love to meet her. #stopbullying.”
The actress continued, “I was actually bullied @ my public school when i would leave to film. Whenever I came back… girls & boys would call me names.”
“They would also mock me because of my home situation, when people found out that my father was in jail,” added Lohan.
She explained, “They would yell things, try to trip me & more… I moved to home-schooling instead. In 11th grade. I stuck it out for a while.”
“So I can relate to the girls that you spoke with on your show today,” Lohan tweeted at Couric. “I appreciate you reaching out to them. xo.”
Check out some of Couric’s interview with Kropp below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?