Lindsay Lohan: I’m Clean and Sober
5:32 pm, February 28th, 2012VIDEO
The troubled actress opened up to the “Today” show host about getting her career back on track when her probation ends in March, promising, “I will not let anyone down.”
Lohan admitted that the last time she and Lauer chatted, she was in denial about her problems, saying, “I wasn’t as comfortable with myself then… I think it was a fear factor that I had about what was really going on. And, you know, I had to get that wakeup call.”
She tells Lauer the Hollywood party scene is “not my thing anymore,” explaining, “I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable. Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn’t fun for me. I’ve become more of a homebody. And I like that.”
Lohan, however, knows she still has a long way to go before she gains back the trust of industry professionals.
“I think that that’s gonna take– I think that takes time,” says Lohan, adding, “I still need to go through the process of proving myself.”
The Mean Girls star feels “really honored” to be playing Elizabeth Taylor in an upcoming Lifetime biopic, and assures Lauer, “I will not let anyone down, especially myself.”
“I could see where it could be scary for people to invest in me,” admits Lohan, explaining, “I don’t want people to have that reason to be scared anymore. So being able to have this opportunity with SNL and the film, I’m gonna do what I’m supposed to do, and enjoy doing it, and do it as best as I can.”
Lohan’s full “Today” show interview is set to air on Thursday, March 1.
Check out a clip below!
Do you think she’s serious about getting her life back on track this time around?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank