REPORT: Lindsay Lohan to Sue Jewelry Store For Selling Surveillance Tape
1:24 pm, March 8th, 2011
Lindsay Lohan will reportedly sue the Kamofie & Company jewelry store for selling surveillance tape of the actress without her permission.
The star reportedly claims the boutique had no right to profit from her image.
Kamofie & Company reportedly made $40,000 for selling the tape to Entertainment Tonight for one week of exclusive use. When other media outlets pick up the footage after that period, the store stands to make even more money.
The store maintains that it had no choice but to sell the tape.
“We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video,” a rep for Kamofie & Company tells TMZ.
“We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming. It was truly necessary to put it out.”
“Beyond our control” – really?
Gossip Cop has contacted Lohan’s people, and we will update when more information emerges.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?