Lindsay Lohan Probation Revoked; Date Set for Possible Jail Hearing
12:21 pm, December 12th, 2012
Lindsay Lohan had her probation revoked on Wednesday, and the troubled actress will learn in court next month whether she’s being sent back to jail.
The actress did not appear for the arraignment in Los Angeles on charges stemming from an incident last June, when Lohan crashed her Porsche on the Pacific Coast Highway and then allegedly lied to police.
Commissioner Jane Godfrey told Lohan’s attorney Shawn Holley that her client’s probation in connection with last year’s stolen jewelry case was being revoked.
Godfrey scheduled a January 15 hearing to determine whether Lohan’s new charges violated her probation, in which case Lohan could possibly be sent to jail for up to eight months.
At the time of her Porsche accident, Lohan originally insisted to law enforcement officials that her assistant was driving the vehicle, but eyewitness accounts claim she was in fact behind the wheel.
Across the country, Lohan still faces possible legal action for allegedly punching a woman in the face at Avenue nightclub in New York last month.
Meanwhile, the IRS has reportedly seized her bank accounts after the actress failed to pay a tax debt.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?