Lindsay Lohan’s Probation Revoked; Actress Posts Bail, Released from Custody
2:02 pm, October 19th, 2011UPDATE
Lindsay Lohan just had her probation revoked, and was handcuffed and taken into custody after a scheduled progress hearing on Wednesday.
Judge Stephanie Sautner was furious with Lohan for being kicked out of the Downtown Women’s Center for blowing off nine appointments, noting that with all of the actress’ past legal run-ins, “probation is a gift.”
Although Lohan has since begun community service at the American Red Cross, Judge Sautner refused to budge, saying, “That wasn’t my sentence and I’m not giving her credit for it.”
Lohan’s lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley argued that Lohan failed to appear at the DWC due to work commitments in Europe, but the incensed judge wasn’t swayed.
Lohan was then taken away in handcuffs, with her bail set at $100,000.
A probation violation hearing is scheduled for November 2 during which Lohan could be sentenced to jail for a year and a half.
UPDATE: Lohan has posted bail and been released from custody.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Lorde & Boyfriend Cyberbullied In Racist, Meanest Way
- Britney Spears Flaunts Her Legs in Short Shorts