Lindsay Lohan: I Was NEVER Confirmed to Attend Canyons Venice Premiere
3:26 pm, August 31st, 2013
Lindsay Lohan is explaining her absence from The Canyons premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the film’s director Paul Schrader slammed the actress for missing Thursday’s event, telling the press, “She was supposed to be here today, she said she would be, but she is not.”
But Lohan took to her blog on Saturday to say that’s simply not true, writing:
Along with the positive messages and words of support of “The Canyons” at VFF, I am sending my own to the cast, producers and the amazing Paul Schrader. I am so grateful for the extraordinary experience of being a part of this film. Unfortunately, I have to clear up these reports. I was never confirmed to attend. Of course, I would have enjoyed returning to that wonderful city and being a part of this amazing event, but my focus is on my health and well-being. Plain and simple, it is of the utmost importance.
In fact, Lohan also wrote on her blog the day before the event that she wouldn’t be attending.
“I wish I could be there to celebrate with you in Venice. Paul Schrader, @braxtonpope, @JamesDeen could not have done it without you,” she posted Wednesday.
Seems somebody got their wires crossed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?