Lindsay Lohan Interview Falls Through, Leaving Matt Lauer with Nothing
5:52 pm, June 22nd, 2011
Matt Lauer‘s interview with Lindsay Lohan fell apart at the last minute, after Lauer flew to California late Tuesday to sit down with the actress at her Venice residence, where she’s under house arrest.
At issue was the length of the interview, which NBC had planned to spread out, with segments on both the “Today Show” and “Dateline.”
According to some reports, after finding out the sit-down would be more than 15 minutes and arguing with producers, Lohan pulled the plug.
Was that really the case?
“I did no such thing,” she tells Gossip Cop.
In fact, it was Lohan’s publicist, Steve Honig, who ended the taping before it began and told Lauer’s team it wasn’t going to happen.
“I was the one who made the decision to shut down the interview,” Lohan’s rep tells us, stressing, “Lindsay would have done the interview.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?