Lindsay Lohan: “I Am Very Honored” to Play Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime Movie
3:52 pm, April 23rd, 2012
Liz & Dick, which was officially announced on Monday, will focus on the legendary screen icon’s tempestuous relationship with actor and two-time husband Richard Burton.
“I have always admired and had enormous respect for Elizabeth Taylor. She was not only an incredible actress but an amazing woman as well,” Lohan says in a statement.
Rob Sharenow, Lifetime’s vice president of programming adds, “We are thrilled Lindsay will portray beloved Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor.”
“She is one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon,” he continues.
Filming is set to begin in June.
Are you looking forward to Liz & Dick?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Hayley Williams Greets Fans In Great Graphics
- Are These Love Birds Back Together?
- 6 Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup