Lindsay Lohan: “I Am Very Honored” to Play Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime Movie
3:52 pm, April 23rd, 2012
Liz & Dick, which was officially announced on Monday, will focus on the legendary screen icon’s tempestuous relationship with actor and two-time husband Richard Burton.
“I have always admired and had enormous respect for Elizabeth Taylor. She was not only an incredible actress but an amazing woman as well,” Lohan says in a statement.
Rob Sharenow, Lifetime’s vice president of programming adds, “We are thrilled Lindsay will portray beloved Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor.”
“She is one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon,” he continues.
Filming is set to begin in June.
Are you looking forward to Liz & Dick?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant