Lindsay Lohan Faces Felony Grand Theft Charge (REPORT)
11:22 am, February 5th, 2011
Lindsay Lohan will reportedly be charged with felony grand theft amid allegations she stole a necklace from a jewelry store.
If convicted, she faces up to three years in state prison.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney supposedly plans to file the case as early as Monday, according to TMZ.
Lohan is accused to have taken a $2,500 necklace from the store on January 22. The piece was returned after police obtained a search warrant for Lohan’s home.
The actress claims the jewelry was on loan.
Lohan’s lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, says, “We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents