Lindsay Lohan Arrested in New York After Allegedly Hitting Pedestrian with Porsche
7:54 am, September 19th, 2012
Lindsay Lohan was arrested in New York early Wednesday for allegedly hitting a pedestrian with her Porsche and leaving the scene of the accident, Gossip Cop has confirmed.
The actress allegedly struck an unidentified man at low speed while trying to park near the Dream Downtown hotel in Manhattan.
Lohan and her entourage quickly checked the vehicle for damage and then went into the hotel.
Police were later summoned to the scene, and the star was arrested as she left the building around 2:30 a.m.
Lohan was taken to the local police precinct, charged with a misdemeanor for leaving the scene of an accident, and released with a desk appearance ticket.
The actress will appear in court at a later date.
Cops do not believe alcohol was involved in the incident.
A rep for Lohan tells Gossip Cop: “While some of the facts are still being gathered, it appears that this is much ado about nothing. We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue.”
While the pedestrian was reportedly taken to Bellevue Hospital, surveillance video shows the starlet’s car only grazed — or possibly never even touched — him, reports TMZ.
Lohan’s arrest could represent a probation violation following her jewelry theft case.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank