Lil Wayne Account Tweets: “I’m Good Everybody” Amid Deathbed Rumors
9:46 pm, March 15th, 2013
At approximately 9:30 p.m. Eastern on Friday, @LilTunechi wrote, “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.”
It is not known whether Wayne tweeted it himself, or if it was done by a member of his camp.
Confusion about his condition emerged after TMZ reported that the music star was in critical condition and in an induced coma after suffering uncontrollable seizures.
Then, after initially claiming he was being given “last rites,” the site backtracked and said decisions about his medical care had not been made.
A statement attributed to a Young Money rep stated: “We can confirm Lil Wayne did have a seizure and that he is recovering.”
A second statement attributed to a publicist for Wayne said: “Wayne is doing well now. He is recovering and appreciates everyone’s concern.”
Specific members of the Young Money community, including Mack Maine and Birdman, took to Twitter to deny TMZ’s story.
“Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game…thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon,” wrote Maine.
Tweeted Birdman, “My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta…be home soon.YMCMB.”
The exact severity of Wayne’s condition remains unclear.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
UPDATE: TMZ, which earlier pulled its assertion that Lil Wayne was set to receive “last rites,” now says the rapper is supposedly still in the intensive care unit in “critical condition” but “stabilizing.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable