Lil Wayne: I Was Kicked Out of Miami Heat Game Because I Rooted For L.A. Lakers
5:34 pm, February 11th, 2013
Lil Wayne says he was thrown out of Sunday’s Lakers-Heat NBA game in Miami for rooting against the home team — but the Heat dispute the claim.
The rapper was in attendance to see some of the Heat’s 107-97 victory over the Lakers — but departed early, tweeting that he’d been forced to leave because of his allegiances.
“So I’m @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?!” wrote Weezy. “Wow! F#CK da Heat.”
Except a Heat spokesperson tells USA Today that Wayne chose to leave — and was not thrown out of the venue, although he would not comment on whether security personnel approached the recording artist at any point.
Meanwhile, a fan named Danny Vega is alleging that the rapper was removed for making violent gestures at another spectator who screamed at him.
“Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game,” tweeted Vega. “Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun. LOL what a douche.”
Vega said the “gun gesture” led to the star’s removal — a third different version of events, none of which has been confirmed.
The only thing that’s clear is that Lil Wayne had a less than wonderful game day in Miami.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?