Lil Wayne Smashes iTunes Record Set By Jay-Z and Kanye West
9:26 pm, September 5th, 2011
“Watch the Throne” sold 290,000 units through iTunes in its first full week.
The outstanding iTunes debut for “Tha Carter IV” comes despite the material leaking online ahead of its release date, and even though, unlike “Watch the Throne,” Lil Wayne’s album was made available through a wide range of outlets – not just iTunes – from Day One.
Even more impressively, “Tha Carter IV” is tracking toward more than 850,000 copies sold overall (digital and physical combined), which would be the biggest first-week sales for a male artist since his own “Tha Carter III” in June 2008.
Official first-week numbers will be published on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party