Lil Wayne Smashes iTunes Record Set By Jay-Z and Kanye West
9:26 pm, September 5th, 2011
“Watch the Throne” sold 290,000 units through iTunes in its first full week.
The outstanding iTunes debut for “Tha Carter IV” comes despite the material leaking online ahead of its release date, and even though, unlike “Watch the Throne,” Lil Wayne’s album was made available through a wide range of outlets – not just iTunes – from Day One.
Even more impressively, “Tha Carter IV” is tracking toward more than 850,000 copies sold overall (digital and physical combined), which would be the biggest first-week sales for a male artist since his own “Tha Carter III” in June 2008.
Official first-week numbers will be published on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents