Lil Wayne in Critical Condition After Seizure; Conflicting Reports About Status [UPDATE]
8:01 pm, March 15th, 2013UPDATED
Lil Wayne is reportedly in critical condition at a Los Angeles hospital.
There are conflicting reports about the severity of his medical issues, but the music star is said to be in an induced coma after suffering uncontrollable seizures.
UPDATE – Lil Wayne’s camp is shooting down the more severe reports about his status. @LilTunechi account tweets he’s “good.” — SEE UPDATE HERE.
Wayne’s mother is reportedly on a flight to Los Angeles, with decisions about further care being held off on until she arrives, says TMZ.
Nothing has been confirmed at this point, and friends of the rapper have taken to Twitter to deny the report.
The star’s associates Mack Maine and Birdman are downplaying TMZ’s claims, insisting the actor is “well,” and neither in a coma nor on a breathing tube.
The rapper, who has had trouble with seizures in the past, was initially rushed to the hospital on Tuesday, but released Wednesday.
Later that day, he was reportedly found unconscious by a bodyguard and rushed back to the hospital.
With doctors unable to stop the seizures, Wayne was reportedly being held down by restraints, and was put into an induced coma with a breathing tube.
His condition is “unstable,” according to TMZ.
The site adds that doctors are investigating whether the drug sizzurp played a role.
Gossip Cop is seeking to confirm the report, and will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss