Lil Wayne Passes Elvis Presley’s Billboard Hot 100 Record
10:26 am, September 27th, 2012
There’s a new King.
The rapper’s appearance on Game’s “Celebration,” which just hit the chart, gives Lil Wayne a staggering 109 Billboard hits, passing Presley’s 108 entries.
There are a couple of caveats, though.
While Presley was credited as the lead artist on all 108 of his Billboard hits, Lil Wayne has been the lead on just 42 of his — he appears as a “featured act” on the other 67 singles.
Meanwhile, several of Presley’s biggest hits came before Billboard debuted its signature Hot 100 list in 1958.
The cast of “Glee,” benefiting from the weekly digital release of songs featured on the show, has technically notched the highest total of all with 204 entries to date.
But among solo artists, Lil Wayne now stands alone, ahead of Presley, as well as James Brown (91), Ray Charles (74), Aretha Franklin (73), Jay-Z and The Beatles (71 apiece).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture