Lil Wayne Passes Elvis Presley’s Billboard Hot 100 Record
10:26 am, September 27th, 2012
There’s a new King.
The rapper’s appearance on Game’s “Celebration,” which just hit the chart, gives Lil Wayne a staggering 109 Billboard hits, passing Presley’s 108 entries.
There are a couple of caveats, though.
While Presley was credited as the lead artist on all 108 of his Billboard hits, Lil Wayne has been the lead on just 42 of his — he appears as a “featured act” on the other 67 singles.
Meanwhile, several of Presley’s biggest hits came before Billboard debuted its signature Hot 100 list in 1958.
The cast of “Glee,” benefiting from the weekly digital release of songs featured on the show, has technically notched the highest total of all with 204 entries to date.
But among solo artists, Lil Wayne now stands alone, ahead of Presley, as well as James Brown (91), Ray Charles (74), Aretha Franklin (73), Jay-Z and The Beatles (71 apiece).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired