Liev Schreiber Trip Not Sign of Trouble with Naomi Watts
11:58 am, June 29th, 2010
Liev Schreiber might be going to Tahiti, but it’s the New York Daily News that’s obviously on vacation.
The paper claims the actor planned the island getaway to “contemplate the state of his five-year relationship” with Naomi Watts. According to a Daily News source, while Schreiber and Watts are technically “together,” the couple has “not been getting along lately,” so Schreiber decided to take a break from the “tensions at home.”
Schreiber’s decision to skip a press junket for his upcoming film Salt and head for the tropics with friends — but without Watts or their two children — is spurred by a need to “sort things out mentally,” alleges the source.
When Schreiber’s camp explains to the Daily News that his vacation is a diving trip “and his boys are too young to go,” the paper sneers “Isn’t that what nannies are for?”
To no one’s surprise, Perez Hilton and others pounced on the story as a sign Schreiber and Watts could be “heading toward Splitsville.”
It’s no shock to learn that the Daily News and Hilton are completely off base.
“The nanny comment is just creepy,” a rep for Schreiber tells Gossip Cop, wondering why actors are now condemned for being “hands on parents.”
The rep points out that it’s entirely understandable that an actor who’s been doing a nightly Broadway show for months might want to go on vacation and relax.
She calls the paper’s “ridiculous” claims “frustrating and cheap.”
Maybe it’s time for outlets that print speculation instead of logic to consider taking a break themselves.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody