Liam Payne Home Catches Fires, Friend Hospitalized With Serious Burns

Truth rating: 10
(Getty Images)

By Shari Weiss

(Getty Images)

Liam Payne’s London apartment caught fire on Tuesday, and resulted in his friends being rushed to the hospital.

The incident occurred when Payne’s friend Andy Samuels was reportedly attempting to refuel an outdoor heater on the 34th floor balcony, and the device exploded.

The London Fire Brigade says in a statement, “Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. Around 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured. Two of the occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital.”

Samuels reportedly suffered second-degree burns on 20 percent of his body, and remains hospitalized. Payne was inside the apartment at the time of the fire, emerging unscathed, and rode to the hospital with Samuels in the ambulance. A source close to the singer tells Gossip Cop he’s “fine,” though concerned about his friend.

Samuels’ girlfriend tweeted after the incident, “Thank you so much for all of your lovely messages & prayers. On behalf of Andy’s family & I we’d like you to know he is in a stable condition.” Payne’s balcony is said to be severely damaged from the fire, which took 35 firefighters and 45 minutes to put out.

Enter your email address here to receive daily news updates from us.

 


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. The Mary Sue