Liam Payne Slams Media for “Twisting” Duck Dynasty Tweet: I Am NOT Homophobic
11:44 am, January 19th, 2014
Liam Payne has RIPPED the media for “twisting” his comments on “Duck Dynasty.”
On Saturday, the One Direction member tweeted star Willie Robertson that he’s a “big fan” and has “huge respect” for the clan’s business success and “family values.”
Some outlets took the tweet to be an endorsement of the Robertson family’s controversial anti-gay views, and accused him of being homophobic.
Payne did NOT take kindly to the characterization, and ranted on Twitter about the sensationalized stories.
“I just watched a show and I liked it as most people do stop sitting in my twitter and do your research #lazyjournos,” he wrote.
And that was the tamest of the singer’s remarks.
Check out all of Payne’s tweets below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage