Leslie Carter Laid to Rest; Brother Nick Does Not Attend Funeral
9:48 pm, February 6th, 2012
The singer honored his commitment to perform at a concert that evening.
In a statement, Nick Carter explained, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic.”
“I want to thank everyone for all of their compassion and support that I have received during this most difficult time,” continued to Backstreet Boy. “There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive and focused.”
According to some reports, Nick believes the family attempted to keep him away from the service.
Earlier in the week, Nick posted a statement in which he thanked fans for their prayers and said “performing is cathartic to me.”
Aaron Carter was at the funeral, among approximately 60 mourners.
While no official cause of death has been determined, a police report indicates that Leslie overdosed on prescription pills.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet