Les Moonves: Angus T. Jones Situation is “Piece of Cake” Compared to Charlie Sheen
CBS executive Les Moonves broke his silence on Tuesday on the controversial Angus T. Jones video that showcases the actor slamming “Two and a Half Men” as “filth.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Jones filmed a Christian testimonial with the Forerunner Chronicles, in which he blasts the hit series and urges fellow believers not to watch.
He later apologized for “disrespecting” his “Men” colleagues, and voiced appreciation for his time on the show.
But, in Moonves’ first public statement on the surprising comments, he admits that Jones’ tenure with the show is up in the air.
“I don’t know what our status is with him,” the TV exec said during The Wall Street Journal Viewpoints event Tuesday morning, explaining, “We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old, and it seemed to be what happens with child stars over the course of time.”
Moonves continued, “He’s now making $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid, and he went on a religious channel and urged people not to watch the show because it was filth. By the way, he’s still collecting his $300,000 a week.”
But when asked about the future possibility of the sitcom without its “half man,” Moonves acknowledged that “other plans” are in the works.
“I don’t think it’s quite been resolved, but after going through what we went through with Charlie Sheen, this is a piece of cake,” he said, referring to Sheen’s abrupt and messy exit from the show in 2011.
Check out Moonves’ full comments on the situation with Jones in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!