Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe Set For “Les Miserables” Movie Musical
6:47 am, September 9th, 2011
The King’s Speech director Tom Hooper is behind the project, which is based on the long-running musical take on Victor Hugo‘s classic novel.
Crowe has signed on to play Javert, the police inspector who pursues Jackman’s ex-con, Jean Valjean.
And, yes, both stars will sing.
“Even though I have dreamt about making the film of Les Misérables for over 25 years, I could never have imagined that we would end up with the dream director Tom Hooper, and the dream cast of Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe as the two great protagonists Jean Valjean and Javert,” said producer Cameron Mackintosh, who originally brought the story to the stage and is now taking it to the screen.
“Not only were they born to play these roles vocally, but they thrillingly inhabit this great score,” says Mackintosh.
Les Miserables is scheduled for a December 2012 release.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Lindsay Lohan: Rehab is Pointless?
- Hockey Player Scores With Erin Andrews
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?