Leonardo DiCaprio Attacker Taken into Custody
1:02 pm, January 25th, 2010
A former model accused of slashing open Leonardo DiCaprio‘s face five years ago will finally be tried.
Aretha Wilson reportedly hit the actor in the face with a drinking glass at Rick Salomon‘s home in the Hollywood Hills in 2005, leading to cuts requiring seventeen stitches. According to the Los Angeles County prosecutor’s office’s description of events, Wilson had been “involved” with a friend of DiCaprio’s and “began shouting profanities.” When DiCaprio tried to calm her, she “only became more aggressive and agitated.”
Authorities allege Wilson then swung a drinking glass at DiCaprio’s face, resulting in deep cuts.
After being charged with assault with a deadly weapon in Los Angeles, Wilson fled the country.
Last week, authorities in Ontario took her into custody, and she will be extradited back to the United States to stand trial.
DiCaprio may testify.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank