Leonardo DiCaprio Attacker Taken into Custody
1:02 pm, January 25th, 2010
A former model accused of slashing open Leonardo DiCaprio‘s face five years ago will finally be tried.
Aretha Wilson reportedly hit the actor in the face with a drinking glass at Rick Salomon‘s home in the Hollywood Hills in 2005, leading to cuts requiring seventeen stitches. According to the Los Angeles County prosecutor’s office’s description of events, Wilson had been “involved” with a friend of DiCaprio’s and “began shouting profanities.” When DiCaprio tried to calm her, she “only became more aggressive and agitated.”
Authorities allege Wilson then swung a drinking glass at DiCaprio’s face, resulting in deep cuts.
After being charged with assault with a deadly weapon in Los Angeles, Wilson fled the country.
Last week, authorities in Ontario took her into custody, and she will be extradited back to the United States to stand trial.
DiCaprio may testify.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man